I am never really sure how to refer to my business. Most of the time it is just ‘me’ working away, and I do feel it is very much my baby. But there are so many others involved that it really does become a ‘we’ for a lot of the time.
So, I am delighted to announce say that ‘we’ won Best Independent Retailer in the Craft Business Awards 2018!
Runner up in Best Sustainable Craft Business!! Fantastic News, especially as the first category was voted for by the readers and customers, so that means a lot!
I popped down to Birmingham earlier this week with Katie to collect my award from the Association for Creative Industries and Aceville Publications, who had sponsored the awards through Craft Business Magazine. I was relieved I didn’t have to do a speech (phew!) but then I realised that I rarely get chance to acknowledge all those people who make Beyond Measure a ‘we’, so bear with me for a minute (I’ll keep it short)….
A MASSIVE thank you to:
- James my partner, who does most of my beautiful photography and my wider family who generally keep me going.
- Patrick, who develops and maintains my website
- Katie, for all her help in the studio and at events
- Local friends Sally, Eveline, Helen, Clare, Tanya and Kay (and many others) who help me out when things might otherwise spiral out of control.
- All the wonderful makers and small businesses who make all the beautiful things for me to sell.
- YOU – all my amazing customers, who have supported me over the past three years. I have been bowled over by how many of you (mostly total strangers at the beginning) have supported me and cheered me on – Beyond Measure would be nothing without you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
So it’s back to the workshop this week and getting ready for spring and summer events, but I think my little award is in good company on my shelf, don’t you?