We are excited to introduce the Shetland Wool Adventures Journal vol.3 which features 6 beautiful knitting projects, interesting articles written by Shetland experts, walks, seasonal Shetland recipes, Shetland book reviews, stunning photography and much more.
Shetland Wool Adventures Journal, a celebration of craft, creativity, adventure and all things Shetland. Beautifully designed, presented and printed in the UK, the Journal features beautiful photography, knitting patterns, walks, interesting stories, interviews, recipes and some personal insights into the lives of the isles’ top knitters and craftspeople.
• 164 pages
• 6 knitting patterns, beautifully photographed by Susan Molloy and illustrated Lorna Reid
• An interview with Donna Smith & Garry Jamieson
• Many interesting articles about Shetland wool, knitting, textiles and heritage
• Coastal walks by Gill Nadin
• Seasonal Shetland recipes
• Shetland books review by Hayley Anderton
• An exclusive second chapter of ‘A Fair Isle Nurse’ memoir written by Mona McAlpine that is being published by 60 North Publishing this autumn
Designers featured in this issue: Wilma Malcolmson, Barbara Cheyne, Alison Rendall, Mary Fraser & Amy Fair.
We sell beautiful and useful things for makers. Our products are sourced with care and consideration for those who make them and we work with smaller companies and individuals whose sourcing and manufacturing process are transparent.
We hope to be an inclusive company and strive to create an environment that is welcoming and embraces diversity, both with our online presence, the makers we represent, our physical pop-ups events and our collaborations.
We welcome suggestions about how we can improve our approach.
We donate monthly to theses two amazing charities:
* Labour Behind the Label
* The Runnymede Trust.